No refunds are available for Trip Interruption, Travel Accident Insurance and Multi-Trip plans after the effective date.
- You may cancel your coverage prior to your effective date of insurance.
- If you obtain government health insurance plan coverage from a Canadian province or territory, or if you return home early, you may request a refund of premium (minimum $25) for the unused coverage days of your trip providing there has been or will be no claim reported or initiated, that you have not been provided with any assistance services and that you have mailed us your written request with proof of the date you actually returned home or confirmation of the date you became eligible for your government health insurance plan coverage from a Canadian province or territory.
- All travellers insured under the same plan must return together or have government health insurance plan coverage from a Canadian province or territory in effect for a refund to be possible.
AUTOMATIC EXTENSION of your emergency medical coverage is provided beyond your expiry date on your confirmation if:
In any case, we will not extend coverage beyond twelve (12) months after your effective date of insurance.
- your common carrier is delayed. In this case, we will extend your coverage for up to seventy-two (72) hours; or
- you or your travel companion are hospitalized on your expiry date. In this case, we will extend your coverage during the hospitalization and for up to five (5) days after discharge from the hospital; or
- you or your travel companion have a medical emergency that does not require hospitalization but prevents travel on your expiry date, as confirmed by a physician. In this case, we will extend coverage for up to five (5) days.
To extend your coverage, you must make your request before your expiry date or the date you were scheduled to return home as per your confirmation of coverage. If you have had no change in your health status and have had no event that has resulted or may result in a claim against the plan since the effective date of insurance, the extension (minimum additional premium of $25) may be issued upon request. Otherwise, the extension is subject to the approval of the Assistance Centre. In order to avoid the waiting period, purchase your extension of coverage before the expiry date of your existing Visitors to Canada Policy issued by us.