Under Plan B, applicants 35 years of age or over must complete the medical questionnaire.
- This policy may only be issued in Canada and coverage must not exceed 365 days.
- Application for insurance may be made before or after you arrive in Canada.
- A waiting period will apply, except in the case of injury if you purchase this insurance after your arrival in Canada or after the expiry date of an existing Visitors to Canada Policy issued by us. Please review the waiting period definition.
- On your effective date of insurance, you must be in Canada and: a) under age 70 for Multi-Trip plans; or b) under age 86 for Single-Trip plans (under age 70 for $150,000 Single-Trip Emergency Medical coverage).
- You may not be covered under more than one policy during your trip.
- A deductible applies to each claim made under this policy, unless you choose the option of no deductible on your application.
You are not eligible for coverage under this policy if any of the following apply to you:
- you are travelling against the advice of a physician;
- you have been diagnosed with a terminal illness with less than 2 years to live;
- you have a kidney condition requiring dialysis;
- you have used home oxygen during the 12 months prior to the date of application;
- you have been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease or any other form of dementia;
- you are under 30 days or over 85 years of age (over 69 years of age for $150,000 Emergency Medical coverage);
- you reside in a nursing home, home for the aged, other long-term care facility or rehabilitation centre; and/or
- you require assistance with activities of daily living.