You are not eligible for any coverage under this policy if:
- You are travelling contrary to medical advice;
- You require kidney dialysis;
- You have used home oxygen anytime during the twelve (12) months prior to the date of application;
- You have been diagnosed with a terminal illness with less than two (2) years to live.
Please note that anyone you wish to include under Family Coverage must also meet the above eligibility requirements.
Also, to be eligible for insurance under this policy, you must be:
- You are under the age of 55; and
- a full-time student with proof of admission or enrolment in a recognized institute of learning; or
- a student completing post-doctoral research in a recognized institute of learning; or
- dependant(s) and/or the spouse of, and residing with, a student covered under this insurance and named on the application; and
- You are purchasing coverage:
- for an inbound trip, when your home country is not Canada and you are temporarily residing in Canada; or
- for an outbound trip, when your home country is Canada, and you are covered under a Canadian provincial or territorial government health insurance plan while temporarily residing outside Canada, or
- as a national student, when your home country is Canada, and you are covered under a Canadian provincial or territorial government health insurance plan while you are temporarily residing in another Canadian province or territory.
If you stay at your destination between semesters, you can re-apply for coverage as long as you have proof of enrolment in the following semester.