- You may cancel this insurance at any time before the effective date.
- If you return home early, you can apply for a refund of the premiums for the unused coverage, providing there has been no incident which has resulted or will result in a claim or for which a claim was started against the policy and that you have mailed your written refund request within 5 days of your departure from Canada (within 5 days of your return home, for Canadians).
- All travellers insured under the same policy must return together for a refund to be possible.
If you already have coverage, simply call the Assistance Centre. You may be able to extend their coverage as long as:
- the period of coverage does not extend beyond 365 days;
- you remain eligible for insurance under this plan;
- we have received the extension requests prior to the expiry date of the existing policy issued by us; and
- there has been no change between single or family coverage.
Note: For policy extensions, no losses or expenses or benefits will be paid for any illness or injury which first appeared, whether diagnosed or not, or for which treatment may or may not have been received prior to the effective date of the extension of coverage under this policy.